16 days /15 nights
This itinerary is ideal for couples and honeymooners, and those seeking a more relaxing, romantic holiday. It includes stays at The Kandy House and Kahanda Kanda, two of the island’s best boutique hotels for honeymoon stays. Since most of these hotels have 10 rooms or less, the atmosphere is always very private and conducive to a relaxing experience. We’d also recommend spending time at Wallawwa either after or before a long-haul flight.
Start off the holiday in one of the spacious pool villas at Water Garden – Sigiriya, up in the Cultural Triangle before heading south to Kandy, to stay either at the atmospheric The Kandy House or at Santani where packages of wellness treatments can be arranged. From here, explore the hills from a tea bungalow, venture to the wilds of Gal Oya National Park before ending the holiday on the south or west coast. Kahanda Kanda is the ultimate honeymoon hotel, though The Last House, near south coast Tangalle, and Kumu Beach and The Villa Bentota, both on the west coast, are all superb boutique hotels for romantic stays.
- Privately exploring the historic World Heritage Sites in the Cultural Triangle
- Spending time in Kandy, seeing the sights, or opting to indulge on a pindrop-peaceful spa resort
- Getting adventurous at Gal Oya Lodge, hiking up to viewpoints, going on nature walks and wildlife safaris
- Visiting a tea factory and enjoying the scenic outdoors in the hills from a tea plantation bungalow near Ella
- Spending the final few days in a luxurious pool villa at Kahanda Kanda, near south coast Galle
Days 1, 2 & 3: Water Garden – Sigiriya, Cultural Triangle
Days 6, 7 & 8: Gal Oya Lodge, Gal Oya National Park
Days 9 & 10: Nine Skies, Demodera, near Ella
Days 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15: Kahanda Kanda, Koggala Lake, near Galle**
*While the varied treatments, facilities and yoga classes within Santani’s spectacular tri-level spa are open to guests staying any number of nights, if your clients wish to indulge in a targeted wellness package, they would need to stay a minimum of seven nights.