Why House, Mihiripenna, near Galle
Why House is an exceptional villa for extended families, large gatherings and groups of friends looking for a tranquil rural setting close to Galle’s picture postcard beaches. The villa has 10 well-equipped rooms spread between three elegant buildings and a pair of cabanas, amidst a lush three-acre tropical garden.
Facilities include an open-sided dining pavilion, a spacious lounge, furnished verandas and a large swimming pool. As an exclusive private retreat, Why House is excellent for celebrating a special event, such as a wedding, milestone birthday or anniversary. The villa is fully staffed by an attentive team including managers and chefs who warmly contribute to the villa’s home-from-home ambiance.
Rooms in the villa may be booked individually. Please see here for more details.
- 10 a/c bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Sleeps 20 adults + up to 10 children
- High service standards & superb food
- Massage room & yoga shala
- Private garden with huge swimming pool & jacuzzi jets
- Fan-cooled lounge, furnished verandas & a dining pavilion
- Personable staff team
- Free tuk tuks to the beach
- Learn how to make hoppers and curries with the villa chefs
- Make for the beach and relax on an idyllic stretch of sand
- Take a guided bicycle ride through Galle’s rural hinterland
- Visit a lowland tea factory for tasting sessions and tours
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching in season
- Tour the atmospheric streets of the history-laden Galle Fort
- Relax with an in-villa massage or beauty treatment
- Go shopping and eat out – ask us for recommendations
- Mihiripenna is 10km from Galle
- The air taxi landing spot is 7km away in Koggala
- Distance to Colombo is 132km (via the Southern Expressway)
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 160km