Villa Suriyawatta, near Weligama
Standing on the sultry southern shores just west of surfing mecca Weligama, Suriyawatta is a subtly striking five-bedroom villa ideal for families and groups. The villa’s contemporary feel is complemented by an open plan living area generously furnished with sofas and eye-catching artwork. The living areas open onto a wide front veranda, adjacent to which is a convivial dining pavilion.
The villa’s bedrooms all sit to the rear of the villa; three are twins and one a very secluded double tucked above one side of the garden. Below the front lawn, shaded by a huge tulip tree, sits a glorious swimming pool edged by a deck and a lush lawn sprinkled with sun loungers, which slopes down towards a sandy beach. The sea is safe for swimming in places, and the bay a popular surfing spot.
The villa is staffed by a very efficient team including chef, and backed up by an on-call management company who can assist with local transport and tours.
- 5 a/c bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Sleeps 6 adults + 4 children
- Fully staffed with chef
- TV/DVD player/surround sound/WiFi
- Beachfront location
- 5 minutes to Weligama Beach
- Set on a surf beach with scuba diving nearby
- Wander down to the beach for a stroll or a cooling dip in the sea
- Enjoy an in-villa spa treatment or practice yoga in the garden
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching (seasonal)
- Learn to surf at Weligama Bay, or go stand up paddle boarding
- Dive in the Indian Ocean or sea kayak with a nearby dive school
- Head into the city of Matara to explore the two Dutch forts
- Take a half day trip to Galle; explore the fort on foot or shop and dine
- Visit a lowland tea plantation for an estate tour and a tasting session
- Suriyawatta is 3km from Weligama
- The nearest train station is at Weligama, 3.5km distant
- Distance to Colombo is 152km
- Distance to Colombo’s international airport is 176km