Skye House, Habaraduwa, near Galle
Habaraduwa is home to one of Galle’s best stretches of sand, and standing proudly upon its long golden strand is five-bedroom Skye House. This contemporary two-storey villa is ideal for families and groups of friends since it comprises three majestic sea-facing suites, one twin bedroom and a kid’s bunk room (with six beds). The villa also makes a very chic weddings and events venue.
The villa’s living and dining areas are on the ground floor and open widely onto a front garden. To the rear is a free-standing open plan kitchen and to the side, set back slightly from the L-shaped swimming pool and lounger-sprinkled terrace, is a convivial pool house with sofas, a TV and an additional washroom with shower. The beach lies just beyond a lush garden, generously strung with hammocks.
The villa is staffed by an efficient team including cook, and backed up by an on-call management company who can assist with local transport and tours.
- 5 a/c bedrooms, including a kids’ bunk room
- Sleeps 8 adults + 6 children
- Fully staffed with cook
- Satellite TV/DVD player/iPod dock/WiFi
- Direct beach access
- 12-metre swimming pool
- Private garden with kids’ playground
- 25 minutes from Galle
- Relax privately by the pool or stroll Habaraduwa’s long beach
- Take a guided bicycle ride through Galle’s rural hinterland
- Visit a lowland tea factory for tasting sessions and tours
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching (seasonal)
- Combine a late afternoon boat trip with a visit to a spice garden
- Tour the atmospheric streets of the history-laden Galle Fort
- Relax with an in-villa massage or beauty treatment
- Go shopping or dine out – ask us for recommendations
- Habaraduwa is 11.5km from Galle
- The air taxi landing spot is 2km away in Koggala
- Distance to Colombo is 132km (via the Southern Expressway)
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 156km