Pointe Sud, near Mirissa
Pointe Sud’s spectacular clifftop perch makes it one of Sri Lanka’s best located villas. Standing proud amidst a beautifully maintained tropical garden blessed with lawns, lily ponds, swaying coconut palms, pavilions and a striking infinity swimming pool, this five-bedroom villa decadently surveys the Indian Ocean. A flight of 100 steps descends the front garden to a semi-private beach.
The villa is reminiscent of a colonial house yet the Palladian-style property was built in the 1980’s complete with cathedral-style central living room, timber gallery, five bedrooms (including a separate bedroom on a lower floor with garden access), modern kitchen and sea-gazing front veranda. The house is stylishly furnished and well equipped, and is ideal for families and groups seeking absolute privacy.
The villa is staffed by an efficient team including cook, and backed up by an on-call management company who can assist with local transport and tours.
- 5 a/c bedrooms
- Sleeps 6 adults + 4 children
- Fully staffed with cook
- TV/DVD player/WiFi
- Spectacular ocean views
- Challenging surf break within walking distance
- 10 minutes from Mirissa
- Wander down to the beach for a stroll or cooling dip in the sea
- Enjoy an in-villa spa treatment or practice yoga in the sunrise pavilion
- Ascend Dondra Lighthouse, just east of the southern city of Matara
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching (seasonal)
- Learn to surf at Weligama Bay, or go stand up paddle boarding
- Head into the nearby city of Matara to explore the two Dutch forts
- Take a half day trip to Galle; explore the fort on foot or shop and dine
- Visit a lowland tea plantation for an estate tour and a tasting session
- Pointe Sud is 5km from Mirissa Beach
- The nearest train station is at Matara, 5.5km distant
- Distance to Colombo is 160km
- Distance to Colombo’s international airport is 185km
- The nearest Air Taxi landing spot is at Koggala, 18km away