Nine Skies, Ella
Ella is one of the Tea Country’s most talked about destinations. Mountains, tea bushes, jaw-dropping views and a world-famous railway have all helped to make it an extremely popular region of Sri Lanka. Five-bedroom Nine Skies is located within Ella’s enigmatic environs, just 15 minutes’ drive away in the village of Demodara.
Elegant and understated, this former tea estate manager’s bungalow has been completely refurbished in keeping with the nostalgia of its century-old history. Groups can expect modern-day luxuries and contemporary facilities yet the look and feel of the bungalow calls to mind simpler times. Personalized service is all encompassing – butlers serve drinks, meals, afternoon tea and snacks to guests relaxing in the garden, beside the pool, in their rooms or in the convivial lounge beside a crackling log fire.
The bungalow surveys Sri Lanka’s tea clad hills. It’s perfect for railway enthusiasts who can alight at Demodara’s Railway Station, famed for its 360-degree sub-station loop, and walk to the much photographed Nine Arches Bridge viaduct. Many other walks are accessible, weaving in and around tea estates, forests and waterfalls, and offering spectacular views at every turn. Ella’s popular attractions – Ella Rock, Little Adam’s Peak and the Ravana Ella Zipwire are all within easy reach of the bungalow.
The bungalow sleeps up to 12 adults (with 2 extra beds) and 2 children (using two sofa beds) in total. Some rooms interconnect and the Ella Rock Suite (which has a separate lounge with two sofa beds suitable for children) can sleep up to four.
- 5 bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Sleeps a maximum of 12 adults & 2 children
- Rates include meals, drinks and credit for local experiences
- Spectacular tea country views
- Private 13-metre swimming pool
- Fully staffed, including butlers & chef
- Idea destination for scenic walks & rambles
- Located close to Ella and Demodara Railway Station
- Sit on the terrace and sip Ceylon tea or tuck into fresh fusion cuisine
- Have a swim in the infinity swimming pool, drinking in the mountain vistas
- Explore the surrounding tea estate and enjoy a picnic at a scenic viewpoint
- Learn about the tea production process on a hosted visit to a tea factory
- Visit Nine Arches Viaduct and Demodara Station’s 360-degree loop of track
- Enjoy local walks in/around Ella such as up Little Adam’s Peak and Ella Rock
- See Ella from a bird’s eye perspective by whizzing down a 500-metre zipline
- Travel onwards by train from Demodara to sister hotels Goatfell and Camellia Hills
- The hotel is located in Demodara
- Ella is a 15-minute drive away
- Demodara Railway Station is less than 1km away
- Distance to Colombo is 205km
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 233km