Meda Gedara, Dickwella
A grand seven-bedroom beach villa just west of Dickwella, which has been beautifully and lovingly decorated by the owners to appeal to families and groups seeking a serene seaside stay in Sri Lanka. Six of the bedrooms are on the first floor of the house (including a six-bed bunk room) whilst a seventh very private room is located in a garden pavilion. The ground floor of the house is designed purely for feasting and socialising – dining areas spill from the spacey interior onto a deep veranda; there’s an air conditioned snug for the kids to call their own; and a cinema room with projector for watching movies on demand.
Outside, a big tropical garden tumbles down towards a stretch of near-deserted beach. Next to a freeform pool is a water slide and a yoga shala. Local activities include surfing at Hiriketiya and Talalla, and taking day trips to game reserves.
The villa is staffed by an efficient team including chef, and backed up by an on-call management company who can assist with local transport and tours.
- 7 a/c bedrooms
- Sleeps 12 adults + 6 children
- Fully staffed with cook
- Cinema room with projector
- Direct Indian Ocean views
- Tropical garden with yoga shala
- Swimming pools & water slide
- 40 minutes from Tangalle
- Stroll the beach or head to Hiriketiya or Talalla bay for surfing
- Visit Mulkirigala, a sacred Buddhist site inland from Tangalle
- Travel to Rekawa to observe nesting marine turtles at night
- Head into the nearby city of Matara to explore the two Dutch forts
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching in season
- Seek out wildlife on a day safari to Udawalawe or Yala national parks
- Go whale watching from Mirissa, a 45-minute drive away.
- Take a half day trip to Galle; explore the fort on foot or shop and dine
- Meda Gedara is 2km from Dickwella
- The nearest train station is at Matara, 19km distant
- The nearest Air Taxi landing spot is at Mawella Lagoon, 12km away
- Distance to Colombo is 173km (via the Southern Expressway)
- Distance to Colombo’s international airport is 201km