KK Beach – Habaraduwa, near Galle
KK Beach is a contemporary 10-room beach hotel with a spectacular location along Habaraduwa Beach, one of Galle’s finest stretches of sand. Sister hotel to Kahanda Kanda, it offers affordable and stylish ocean-facing suites close to Galle. The interiors are studded with chic design elements and curated local artwork, while ground floor living and dining areas flow into the garden.
The nautically hued rooms at KK Beach are cool and calming, and ideal for returning to after activity packed days surfing, whale watching and exploring Galle’s 17th century fort. All rooms offer unblemished views of the Indian Ocean and of the ships plying its distant horizon. Penthouse Suites are huge, coming with sitting areas, big bathrooms and generous balconies for lounging and dining – the perfect indulgence for honeymooners and families.
Personalised service is a cornerstone of the KK experience, and staff are primed to discreetly help guests relax. Ground floor Bamboo Restaurant serves fresh gourmet cuisine, and in the verdant garden are a 20-metre swimming pool and a deck sprinkled with sun loungers. The hotel also makes a superb events venue for hosting private parties and weddings.
There are free shuttles to sister hotel Kahanda Kanda, an indulgent hilltop boutique hotel amidst 12-acre tea gardens, just 15-minutes’ drive away. The hotels are refreshingly different yet both promise high-end personalised service. Bills for anything consumed at Kahanda Kanda can be paid upon departure from KK Beach.
- 10 a/c rooms & suites
- Includes expansive Penthouses
- Direct beach access
- Garden with swimming pool
- Fresh international cuisine
- 20-minutes’ drive from Galle
- Free shuttles to Kahanda Kanda (15-mins away)
- Children permitted year-round
- Wander along Habaraduwa’s long stretch of beach and dip in the ocean
- Relax with a book on your balcony or have a massage in the spa
- Visit a turtle hatchery – Habaraduwa Beach is a nesting ground for marine turtles
- Take a guided bicycle ride inland exploring local villages and paddy fields
- Make for Galle Fort, and tour atmospheric streets seeking out historic sights
- Go whale watching, surfing, diving and snorkelling from nearby beaches
- Take a yoga class in the garden with the resident yoga teacher, or practice privately on your balcony
- Take advantage of the free shuttles to sister hotel Kahanda Kanda, to enjoy meals and drinks in a very different setting of a 12-acre hilltop tea estate
- The hotel is 0.5km west of Habaraduwa
- The nearest train station is Habaraduwa, 0.5km away
- The air taxi landing spot is 1km away in Koggala
- Kahanda Kanda is 8km (or a 15-minute drive) away, and free shuttles are provided
- Distance to Colombo is 130km (via the Southern Expressway)
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 158km