Ivory House, Angulugaha, near Koggala Lake
Families and groups of friends will love four-bedroom Ivory House, a sensitively extended colonial villa overlooking an ever changing theatre of paddy fields near Koggala Lake. Depending upon the season, the rice paddies might be a lush green or a golden brown. The villa is west-facing, and offers up superb sunset panoramas from the spacious tropical garden and the 20-metre swimming pool.
The villa has two generous master suites and two smaller bedrooms off a big living room. Rooms open through folding doors onto a deep veranda, and there’s an indoor dining area just off the well-equipped galley kitchen. The villa’s décor marries traditional furnishings with a contemporary layout and chic design features such as retro lamps, vintage typewriters and screen printed cushions.
Ivory House is staffed by an efficient team including cook, and backed up by an on-call management company who can assist with local transport and tours.
- 4 a/c ensuite bedrooms
- Fully staffed with chef
- Satellite TV/ DVD player / WiFi
- Rice paddy view
- 20-metre swimming pool & big tropical garden
- Local meals at market prices
- 10 minutes to the nearest beach
- 35 minutes from Galle
- Explore Koggala Lake, a tranquil fishing lagoon, by boat
- Relax with an in-villa massage or a beauty treatment
- Head to lakeside hotel Tri for an invigorating yoga session
- Tour the narrow atmospheric streets of historic Galle Fort
- Take a guided bicycle ride through Galle’s rural hinterland
- Embark on coastal cruises or whale/dolphin watching in season
- Spend the day at the beach; Kabalana, Mirissa or Dalawella
- Visit a nearby lowland tea estate for field and factory tours
- Angulugaha is 17km from Galle
- The air taxi landing spot is 8km away in Koggala
- Distance to Colombo is 132km (via the Southern Expressway)
- Distance to Colombo International Airport is 157km