Villas within hotels
15 days/14 nights
If your clients are keen on privacy and exclusivity but still love the convenience of staying within a hotel, this itinerary is for them. For this trip, we have picked out hotels with freestanding villa rooms, some of which have their own pools for the untimate indulgence. This itinerary would also work very well for honeymooners.
At Wallawwa, stay in the Mountbatten Suite, which has two bedrooms and its own pool. Every room at Water Garden – Sigiriya is freestanding, and over half have pools. All of the rooms at Santani Wellness Resort are individual chalets jutting out from a hillside. The bungalows at Gal Oya Lodge are all surrounded by forest. Near Galle, Kahanda Kanda’s 12 rooms are nearly all freestanding, and seven of them now have private pools and gardens. An alternative option in Galle – and an excellent one for families – is Why House’s two-bedroom bungalow within the 3-acre grounds.
NOTE: between the hills and the south coast, clients could book a one-day safari (or overnight stay) at Leopard Safaris by KK Collection, Yala National Park.
- Sleeping in private villa-style rooms whilst enjoying full hotel service and facilities
- Relaxing and recuperating an an incredible boutique hotel near the airport
- Spending time in the Cultural Triangle, visiting historic sites and wildlife reserves
- Sleeping in freestanding chalets at a spa hotel near Kandy, cantilevered from a hillside
- Trying your luck sighting elephants by boat in little-visited Gal Oya National Park
- Exploring off-the-beaten track nature trails and hiking to scenic view points
- Spending time on the beach near Galle – Kahanda Kanda’s pool villas are stylish and indulgent
Days 1 & 2: Wallawwa, Kotugoda, near Colombo & Colombo Airport
Days 3, 4 & 5: Water Garden – Sigiriya, Cultural Triangle
Days 6, 7 & 8: Santani Wellness Resort, Werapitiya, near Kandy
Days 9, 10 & 11: Gal Oya Lodge, Gal Oya National Park