Serendipity by sea plane
14 days/13 nights
For an alternative journey around Sri Lanka, and the best birds-eye views, your clients could travel by sea plane. Getting from A to B has never been easier and the network of routes is growing every year. Between the Cultural Triangle and Kandy’s big hitting historical sites, and a stay within the 17th Century Galle Fort, this trip focuses on the island’s cultural highlights and could be used as an add-on to a Maldives beach stay though we have also included three nights at the gorgeous The Last House near Tangalle, which sits on a vast, undeveloped beach.
Scheduled flights travel between Colombo and Sigiriya, Kandy and Dickwella (near Tangalle) and Koggala (near Galle), and Koggala and Colombo. There aren’t currently any scheduled flights between Sigiriya and Kandy though private charters do cover this stretch. This journey could also be taken by road, however when travelling between Kandy and Galle we’d recommend spending a few nights at Goatfell or Nine Skies to break up the journey.
We’ve also included a stay at Wallawwa (near Colombo) to allow for some last-minute shopping and the inclusion of Colombo City Walks who offer superb guided city trails.
- Seeing the beauty of Sri Lanka from on high whilst getting between places very quickly
- Exploring the historic World Heritage Sites of the Cultural Triangle
- Admiring Kandy’s unique architectural styles and staying in a historic manor house
- Flying down to the magical south coast for a stay at a Bawa-designed villa on unspoilt Mawella Beach
- Sleeping within a 17th century fortress at the super stylish Fort Bazaar or hanging out in style at Why House
- Staying close to the airport for the last night, enjoying the in-house spa or shopping in Colombo
Days 1, 2 & 3: Water Garden – Sigiriya, Cultural Triangle
Days 4, 5 & 6: The Kandy House, Kandy
Days 7, 8 & 9: The Last House, Mawella, near Tangalle
Day 13: Wallawwa, near Colombo & Colombo Airport