Ishq Colombo, Colombo
Few properties in Colombo feel as indulgent, inspirational and peaceful as this glorious four-bedroom private villa in the heart of Sri Lanka’s vibrant capital city. Designed by Channa Daswatta – a protégé of the late architect Geoffrey Bawa – the house makes great use of local materials such as stone, granite and wood, and has been designed to let natural light and cooling breezes freely infiltrate interior areas. Dutch colonial design elements are evident throughout the home yet the stylish interiors feel considered and contemporary, and are enhanced by Moroccan artwork and carpets, Sri Lankan pettagamas, unique ornaments and rare collectibles.
Taking its name from the Arabic word for love, Ishq Colombo is a passion project. The villa is family owned, and a lot of care has gone into not only the quality of the villa and its amenities but also what it genuinely feels like to stay here. While the high-end facilities – private swimming pool, garden, spa room, dedicated staff team – are very much akin to a boutique hotel, the personalised care and attention to detail reflect what it is like to experience the owners’ own hospitality. Being well fed, cared for and comfortable are all benchmarks of a stay in this chic and exclusive home.
The villa makes a wonderful city retreat for groups of friends and families of up to eight. All rooms have king-sized beds and private bathrooms, and they include two upper floor master suites with large living areas and views either down onto the pool or access onto a balcony with roof garden views. The house feels incredibly peaceful despite its very convenient location in Colombo and is only a short drive from key attractions such as the historic Fort and Pettah markets areas, Geoffrey Bawa’s former home (Number 11 – now a museum), Royal Colombo golf club, water sports facilities, contemporary art galleries and a range of superb restaurants and upmarket boutiques.
- 4 a/c suites with ensuite bathrooms
- Sleeps a maximum of 8 guests (including children) + one baby cot
- Includes 2 expansive upper floor master suites with private living areas
- Open plan, beautifully designed living & dining areas
- Private swimming pool, courtyard gardens, spa room
- Fully staffed, including a Villa Manager and experienced in-house chefs
- Feels incredibly private & tranquil yet is centrally located
- Ideal for shopping, sightseeing & dining out in Colombo
- Stay put! Enjoy the exclusive private facilities of the villa
- Opt for an in-villa massage, yoga/meditation or visit one of the city’s spas
- Experience a private cooking class with the villa’s chefs
- Enjoy a session in mixology or a wine/tea and food pairing
- Explore the historic Fort and Pettah market areas with an expert host
- Be guided by a prominent art aficionado on a private city art trail
- Tour Number 11, Geoffrey Bawa’s former home, which is now a museum
- Visit one of the city’s prominent contemporary art galleries
- The hotel is located in Sri Lanka’s capital city, Colombo
- The nearest train station is Bambalapitiya, 1.8km away (or, for major inter-city services, Colombo Fort Railway Station is 6.4km distant)
- The nearest domestic airport is Water’s Edge, 7.5km away
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 35km or 45-minutes’ drive