Camellia Hills – Castlereagh Reservoir
Few locations in Sri Lanka can match the panoramic splendour of the Castlereagh Valley in the island’s western hill country, and this just happens to b the setting for five-bedroom Camellia Hills. Overlooking a mirror-still reservoir that spans five kilometres of a deep valley, this homely boutique hotel sits on a mountainside amidst and overlooking emerald tea bushes and pine forests. A contemporary interpretation of a tea planter’s bungalow, the hotel’s bedrooms, living and dining areas are located across a series of levels, and flaunt the stunning hill country views.
The three Lakeview Bedrooms and two Camellia Bedrooms all offer panoramic views. There’s a cosy open plan lounge with fireplace, and guests can dine indoors or on an open-sided terrace to take advantage of the valley vistas. In the garden lies a 10-metre infinity swimming pool and a relaxation ambalama for absorbing the scene.
A team of butlers attend to guests and the hotel promises the same high levels of service and comfort as at sister hotels, The Wallawwa, Fort Bazaar, Nine Skies, Goatfell and Kumu Beach.
The climate in the hills is warm during the day yet fresher and cooler at night, and ideal for long walks. Scenic hikes through tea bushes and forests are a highlight of a stay.
- 5 fan cooled rooms
- All inclusive rates
- Spectacular lake & mountain views
- 10-metre infinity swimming pool
- Open plan living & dining areas
- Lush garden edged by tea bushes
- International cuisine & picturesque dining
- Located close to Dickoya & Hatton
- Sip Ceylon Tea on the terrace whilst admiring the panoramic views
- Swim in the cool infinity pool, drinking in the mountain vistas
- Wander through tea estates on your own or with a guide
- Learn about the tea production process on a hosted tea factory visit
- Visit colonial-era Warleigh Church and a local Hindu kovil
- Enjoy a picnic-with-views amidst tea bushes or beside a waterfall
- Day trip to the island’s highest town, Nuwara Eliya
- Climb Adam’s Peak, or hike through the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary
- The hotel overlooks Castlereagh Reservoir
- The nearest train station is Hatton, 12km away
- The air taxi lands on the Castlereagh Reservoir
- Nuwara Eliya is 52km away
- Distance to Colombo is 132km
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 122km