Located within Colombo’s trendiest neighbourhood, this inspiring heritage home dates back to
1906. Named after the town of Manipay in Sri Lanka’s northernmost Jaffna Peninsular,
Maniumpathy is a charismatic boutique hotel managed by the KK Collection alongside sister
hotels Kahanda Kanda, KK Beach and The Villa Bentota.
Maniumpathy has a very interesting story. The house was originally commissioned by a
distinguished doctor from Jaffna and was home to five generations of his family before it was
transformed into a boutique hotel in 2018. Each of the eight individually-designed rooms is
named after a family matriarch whose tale unravels through one-of-a-kind artefacts, framed
family photographs and aged Ceylonese prints.
The house stays true to its original blueprint and is furnished with grand four-poster beds and
period antiques which provide a sense of place and reflect upon the grandeur of the past.
Slipper bathtubs, powerful showers, crisp bed linen and a sparkling pool in the courtyard all
ensure it is equipped with 21 st century luxuries too.
Despite it’s very convenient location in central Colombo, this small boutique hotel feels less
like a city hotel and much more like a home-from-home; facilities include a lounge sprinkled
with magazines and books, a grand dining room for up to 16, a surprisingly serene courtyard
with swimming pool and a veranda for alfresco dining. Bars, cafes, restaurants, shops and
galleries are a stroll or a short taxi ride away.
- 8 air-conditioned, individually designed suites
- Includes 1 indulgent master suite with private sitting room
- Combines period features with 21st century comforts
- Many bathrooms have slipper bathtubs & walk-in showers
- Tranquil courtyard garden with swimming pool
- Restaurant + Grand Ebony Dining room that seats up to 16
- Wedding venue for up to 75 guests
- Located in the heart of Colombo
- Take a local-guided tour of Colombo’s Fort and Pettah market area
- Tour one of the city’s impressive classic or contemporary art galleries
- Dine out! There are plenty of restaurants to keep you busy for days
- Go shopping! PR, Paradise Road, Odel and Barefoot are all close by
- Visit Number 11, Geoffrey Bawa’s fantastic former terraced home
- Learn about Sri Lanka’s history at the extensive National Museum
- Experience indulgent treatments at one of the city’s superb spas
- Learn to cook a variety of Sri Lankan recipes with the hotel chefs
- Maniumpathy lies to the east of Cinnamon Gardens (Colombo 7)
- The city’s Galle Face Green is 6.4km away (15 minutes’ drive)
- Colombo Fort Railway Station is 5km away (15 minutes’ drive)
- Distance to the Bandaranaike International Airport is 33km (40 minutes’ drive)